So we went down to Lake Powell this weekend. First time on my own without my dad as the navigator. We went down to St. George and then to Page AZ. We have never been that on the Wahweep side before. Day one weather was good and I got a good burn on the backside. I'm still paying for it right now as I sit. We really didn't make it too far. We kept getting lost and didn't venture too far out of the main marina. We did find one canyon that had a few rocks to jump off. That was fun. Back in the day I would have called them cliffs, but now find myself pretty wimpy and will stick to the rocks. Zoey even dared to jump off of the same rock I was scared of. The next day the weather was bad, so we packed up and drove home. It was a down pour all of the way home. So not quite the trip I was hoping for, but will try it again. I have too many good memories and I want to create more with my girls. Maybe my dad can take us down and show us the ropes so we can make it out of the marina.
No comments:
Post a Comment