Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sorry teacher but my mom tore up my homework!

Just a quick note of some things I will want to remember or quickly forget.  Last week it was foggy in the morning and while I was driving the girls to school avery was in her car seat blowing like crazy.  She thought she could blow it away, how cute and creative is she at solving big problems.  On another note of creative parenting I am not to proud of but somehow did the trick.  Zoey was being absolutely as rotten as she could possibly be.  Bad attitude, yelling, screaming and being so difficult.  She needed to get her homework done and I was trying to help her  she was scribbling on it and tearing it with her pencil.  I lost control and grabbed all her homework pages and tore them to shreds.  She about had an anxiety attack and was close to throwing up.  Later I taped back together and copied it so she could write on it.  I think she was shocked I would go so crazy on her, and for about 4 days she was an absolute angel.  Now I have to come up with something more drastic to get her attention because it sure did the trick.  Man it is so hard to not to lose control when your kid is being an absolute maniac 80% of the time and all you feel is chaos.

3 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! That is me laughing because I can totally picture me doing something like that with Jordyn! Some kids! They bring out the devil in you!

Really, it isn't funny at all because I can relate to the feeling of total ballistic insanity. BUT as a studying teacher, it makes me laugh to picture GETTING that homework back the next day! Thanks for sharing!

The Argyle's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Argyle's said...

So I totally have one that will top that!! Pagie and Kortlin are in the tub one day and I am blow drying my hair getting ready to go somewhere. They start fighting and I can't get thier attention so I "tap" the side of the tub with my foot and CRACK!!! Holy Crap!! I pretty much shatter the side of the tub! Imagine the phone call I had to make to Jeff! Kids can drive you to do some pretty insane things!! At least your eposide didn't cost you $300.00!!